-->

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Matthew 5,6 --- Today --- Day 3

Matthew 6:34: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

As we dig into Christ's sermon on the mount, the true essence of Jesus as God is seen in the teaching. The backbone of this teaching is seen in verse 5:20, "For I tell you unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and teachers of the law, you will certaily not enter the kingdom of heaven". Disheartening for many, for sure, but what this statement is foreshadowing is that righteousness is not attainable by man. Instead, it is only God's grace and the atonement that comes from Jesus Christ that completely redeems and gives righteousness.

The passage that rings with me today is the entirety between 6:25-34. Specifically, the first statement, "do not worry about your life". I love that the Word is supernaturally consistent. Yesterday, I studied surrender to Christ's call and will. Today, I read that my life is not my concern at all.

To achieve this level of dependency is a process which will certainly ebb and flow, but within dependency, there is so much freedom in surrender.

Lord, help me let go when you call, and give me the passion to pursue you no matter the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment